Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A present...for me...how nice!

Photobucket


This weekend I, though I would get ahead of the game and set out to do some early Christmas shopping, it was not a success. I got totally distracted when I spotted this dress and scooped it up as a Christmas present for myself instead! I will wrap it and put it under our Christmas tree, the note on the present will read:

"Dear Chantel,
You are have such great taste, Merry Christmas
From Chantel!"

Hah!

I was so excited with my purchase and immediately hauled it out of its bag to showed my mom, the minute I arrived home...she laughed! Yes. She laughed. Apparently to her eye, my purchase resembles a nightie more than it does the ubber stylish dress that my eye sees! The nerve! Lucky for me, people’s opinions never really deter me from what I like. And I really like this one. She soon changed her tune when she saw these pics. She now approves.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Haha, my mother would say EXACTLY the same thing. I think it looks gorgeous! I also epically failed with Christmas shopping this weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very gourgeous and the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the dress, love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooooooooo what a beautiful dress!!! You do have great taste!!! =)

    Melanie's Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress, so gorgeous! My mom also usually bursts my bubble when I show her something that I think is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the black lace detail on the dress!only our mothers would think that way!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous white dress with fabulous details
    LOx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit - your shoes are perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your dress babe! Looking fabulous! Happy Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty dress! i love how you combined it with those wedges too. lovelovelove!

    xoxo
    Niki
    A Haute Mess

    ps. find me on Facebook and on Twitter too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, lovely. Funny about your mum - good job you took it well and ignored the comment, cos it looks gorgeous on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! what a stunning dress!
    Wens
    www.wendyinthefashionlane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha i can't tell you many time i do the exact same thing. go shopping for something or one very specific and come out with something for me.

    girls are awesome

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't seem to stop staring at those shoes! Cute dress, too, though. ( ;

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha I would have done the same thing, it's stunning!;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi darling! it's not even fair how good you look in that gorgeous lace outfit. i need those pieces in my closet too! love the colorful pics. this is my first time visiting your blog, and you've got yourself a new follower - haha.

    i'll be having a lil giveaway at my fashion blog "lace and leather" so take part if you'd like new earrings to cheer up those up-coming fall looks ;) greetings from Finland and hope your fall will be fashion full-filled!

    http://thegirlnamedstu.blogspot.com
    xoxo, Stu

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it looks so awesome and you look gorgeous in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete